Void Sticker

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Just wondering...

I've been sick for the last 36 hours, so I've not been on-line. But, I've been wondering...

I realize I'm new to Blogger and am not familiar with all the "rules" both said and unsaid, but I've been noticing a lot of "old" blogs.

Like this one. And this one. And this one, which is listed (by Blogger) as having a "recent post".

So, my question is this: What's with all these out-dated blogs? Do people just not notice the "delete" feature? Does Blogger not go through it's files to check on those that aren't being accessed? Or is there a purpose to this that I might just not fathom?

I know with Yahoo! there's a time-limit. If you don't access your account for six months (I think) they shut it down. Should Blogger consider trying something like that, too?

What do you think?

3 Comments:

At 3/22/2006 7:03 PM, Blogger Reverse_Vampyr said...

Sounds good to me. Every so often, I have to go through my Blogroll and purge inactive blogs from the list.

 
At 3/23/2006 12:44 AM, Blogger p_jordan_sr said...

I guess it is a "timecapsule" sort of thing. When I am gone, who will know I was here? You will.

 
At 3/23/2006 9:52 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Ah, but I don't even remember the handles of the people that I linked to, and I only remember the "protect our children from sexual predators" message because I was interested in starting another blog with the "protectourchildren" encapsulated in its name (besides, it's a message I agree with, which makes it easier to remember too).

On the internet, which is full of blogs and even more full of information, one forgotten blog is not going to immortalize a person or an idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home