Void Sticker

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Fair Tax--I'm a fan!

While I do not support the Fair Tax plan exclusively, I mean just about anything would be better than what we have and if something else is going to pass and this isn't then, well, I'm probably for that too, but...

Okay, so that wasn't really a sentence.

Here's my point. I like the Fair Tax. I think we could go a long way to bettering our nation by supporting that, because:

1) Our tax system is currently convoluted and gross. Not scientific reasoning, I grant, but hey, I'm a laymen.

2) Any tax system that revolutionizes American taxes should take into account the fact that there are some people who are just so genuinely poor that they should not pay taxes. The Fair Tax takes that into account.

3) It's a leveling mechanism of sorts, because it evens the playing field by quite a bit. Basically, those who buy big pay big. Those who are more frugal and/or generous, pay less. We all win.

4) Did I mention that just about anything is better than what we have now?

So, after seeing this new blogroll (I'm really starting to like those things!) on Joey's Wide White blog, I thought, ah, why not?!? Not much of a pitch, but I haven't really explored the blogroll yet and this is a rather impulsive act, so y'all have to just wait until I form something truly brilliant to say about it.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4/26/2006 5:59 PM, Blogger Joey said...

Attakid! It's been really good to see the support for the FairTax growing. As one guy I know said, "I was a fan of the FairTax before it was popular!"

Popular or not, I'm a fan. Is it perfect? Nope. Nothing is. But it sure is a better solution than our current situation, where the middle class is left paying the vast majority of the taxes.

 
At 6/22/2006 3:46 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You are so right! It would have to be an improvement. I just like the idea of maybe having some control over where my money goes.

 
At 10/12/2022 8:54 AM, Anonymous Chimney Cleaning Fort Collins said...

Thoughtful blog, thanks for posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home