Getting to know you, I mean me
Welcome to the 2006 edition of getting to know your friends and family better. What you are supposed to do is copy (not forward) this entire email and paste it into a new one. Change all the answers so they apply to you and then send this to a whole bunch of people, including the person who sent it to you. The idea is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends and family that you probably didn't know.
(Obviously I've chosen not to do this as an e-mail, but...)
1.What time did you get up this morning?
7:35, and very reluctantly
2. Diamonds or pearls?
Pearls, preferably in a bracelet
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
The new Narnia movie that's out.
4. What's your favorite TV show (night time)?
I don't watch television, but I have bought three out five seasons of Alias on DVD.
5. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
A chocolate muffin
6. What's your favorite cuisine?
That's tough... I'd have to go with American-style Middle Eastern cuisine.
7. What foods to you dislike?
8. What is your favorite chip flavor?
I don't know about "flavor" per se, but I prefer blue corn tortilla chips.
9. What's your favorite CD at the moment?
I have to go look...Rascal Flatts, "Feels Like Today"
10. What kind of car do you drive?
I have to go look...Ford Windstar
11. Favorite sandwich?
turkey bacon sub, with lettuce, tomatos, black olives and a little mayo
12. What characteristics do you despise?
13. What is your favorite type of clothing?
loose fitting, currently gaucho pants for this season
14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Well, that's easy...the world. Um, at least the English-speaking portions of it.
15. What color is your bathroom?
Which one? Well, it doesn't matter...messy. The color of my bathrooms is messy.
16. Favorite brand of clothing?
Mossimo, I think
17. Where would you retire to?
My house. I want to keep my house. I like my house. I want to give my house to my kids after I die. Besides, I'm not going to be able to retire!
18. What is your favorite time of the day?
The time where I actually get to sit in my house when it's completely quiet, but that's not during the day.
19. What was your most memorable birthday?
I have a birthday? Are you sure?
20. Where were you born?
Offut Air Force Base, Omaha, NE
21. Favorite sport to watch?
My kids at play.
22. Who do you least expect to send this back to you?
Well, since I decided to blog it instead of e-mail, and I'm not even going to tag anyone, I really don't expect anyone to "send it back to me."
23. Person you expect to send it back first?
24. What fabric detergent do you use?
Color-free Cheer, we've got sensitive skin...all of us.
25. Were you named after anyone?
Two of my uncles, my Mom's brothers, and both my great-grandmas who shared the same name
26. Do you wish/pray on stars?
Not unless one of my kids asks me to
27. When did you last cry?
Hmm. Good question. I think it was when I found out that I wasn't going to get the student aid package that I'd need to go to school...wow, that was a surprisingly short time ago.
28. Do you like your handwriting?
I neither like nor dislike my handwriting.
29. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?
That depends on how strange this other me would be.
30. Are you a daredevil?
Does that have something to do with chocolate?
31. Do looks matter?
I guess that all depends. Do they matter to me? Not particularly. But, if you come into a job interview looking all skanky or scruffy, then yeah, it's going to matter.
32. How do you release anger?
That depends on what I'm angry about or at. Usually I talk to my husband, or smoke a cigarette, or yell, depending on the circumstance.
33. Where is your second home?
You mean I can have two? Wow! Cool! Oh, it's not an offer? Then, I'd have to say my car is my second home, though I'd prefer not to have to live there thank you very much.
34. What were your favorite toys as a child?
My brother's toys.
35. What class in High School was totally useless?
Spanish. I took three years of Spanish and I still suck.
36. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Sarcasm, me? Yeah right!
37. Favorite movies?
Contact, Gone With the Wind, Never Been Kissed, and A Walk to Remember, yes, I'm a sucker for romance.
38. What are your nicknames?
Steph, Mom, honey, dear, beautiful
39. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
I prefer shoes without laces, but usually I untie the ones that do, except sneakers
40. Do you think that you are strong?
Physically? No. Spiritually? So-so. Mentally? Yes.
41. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Something very chocolatey
42. What are your favorite colors?
purple, blue and wine (dark red)
43. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
I'm pretty much okay with myself, but if I had to say...my general appearance would be it. I'm twenty-six and I look very matronly most of the time. That seems strange to me. Not bad, but strange.
44. Who do you miss the most?
My brother. I named my youngest son after him, and they have yet to meet.
45. Do you want everyone you send this to, to send it back?
We've covered this whole "sending" thing already.
46. What color pants are you wearing?
47. What are you listening to right now?
The hum of the computer and the squeal of my sole non-sleeping child are each vying for my attention.
48. Last thing you ate?
Chocolate cake, after a taco salad.
49. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
If you're on my blog I bet you could guess...
50. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Angel, my foster sister-in-law (one of my) best friend type person.
51. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Presence, meaning that they are there.
52. Favorite drink?
53. Do you wear contacts?
Nope. I'm stuck with glasses or eye surgery and I've chosen the glasses.
54. Favorite day of the year?
Any day with no poop being smeared in my house.
55. Scary movies or happy endings?
56. Summer or Winter?
Spring or Fall
57. Hugs or kisses?
58. What is your favorite dessert?
Anything with chocolate, lots of chocolate
59. What Book are you reading?
Democracy in America by a guy whose name I can't spell without the book because he's French, but he's dead so I doubt he'll be offended.
60. What's on your mouse pad?
61. What did you watch last night on TV?
I watched a movie (on DVD) called Osama. Not what I expected.
62. Favorite smells?
Wood burning in a fireplace, candles, lack of poop smell
63. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
Did I mention I was twenty-six?
64. What's the furthest you've been from home?
Texas, unless you count those trips to Narnia and other far-off lands I dream up every now and again.