Void Sticker

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Insomnia, Reptilianism, and Mormons

Okay, so "reptilianism" isn't really a word, but I've had a major on-again-off-again lover affair with sleep debt for over a week now, so give me a break. Once again, I cannot sleep. So, after tossing and turning for about an hour (this despite taking sleeping pills that seemingly have nothing to do with actually sleep) I gave up, got up and starting surfing. I found out I'm now a Slithering Reptile, which pleases me to no end for some inane reason. Probably the lack of sleep, since pride (let alone pride over something so NOT pride-worthy) isn't usually a down-fall of mine.

Anyway, the point (and, yes, I do have one despite the incoherent rambling) is that in searching for my blog in the TTLB ecosystem I stumbled across a different blog (one right by my own!) that piqued my interest.

Feminist Mormon Housewives.

Now, ANYONE with any familiarity with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints will understand why this jumped out to me. Oxymoron! That's the first word that comes to mind. So, being the curious sort...

I read Lisa's testimony (once again, it's not "my" Lisa, as in Lisa Renee from LiberalCommon Sense, though I am understanding more and more why she uses her middle name too now) and it's not the oxymoron one might think.

Now, maybe that's because I almost agree with her and now plenty of people outside the Church that would agree with her. Or, maybe it's because I'm a convert to the Church and make a much better Latter-Day Sinner than a Saint. Or, maybe it's because I've never been to Utah and the stuff she was talking about are totally outside of my experience within the Church. Or, maybe it's because.... Anyway, I'm sure you get the point. I don't think it's an oxymoron! But, (back to the pride thing I'm glad I'm not so good at) that doesn't mean it isn't and I'm not one to claim that it does mean it's not, if that makes any sense.

My point is (yes, I still have one) that if you're looking for some not-so-light, but intriguing reading that steers clear of the pressing issues of our day, then check this out!

Whew! Now here for some of those Technorati tags that probably helped boost me up to status of reptilianism...

Technorati tags: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 4/26/2006 8:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, there are a heck of a lot of Lisa's out there which is why I started using Lisa Renee. There are even a few Lisa Renee's out there but less.

:-)

 
At 4/27/2006 12:26 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Well if you added all the names you've ever had together, I'm sure nobody would be able to legitimately duplicate it.
;-)

Katie Scarlett O'Hara Hamilton Kennedy Butler is unique. Long, but unique. If I used all my names it'd be:
Stephanie Michelle Marie ***** *****, and I've only been married the once!

(Last names marked off to protect the, well, me.)
;-)

 
At 4/27/2006 9:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yikes, I would be Lisa Renee Ward(blank) (blank) Roman - and everyone would see why both times I got divorced I wanted Ward back. Though ironically both two marriages my last name started with a B so I could continue to use my monogramed silverware...


:-)

 
At 4/27/2006 2:52 PM, Blogger Mark said...

LOL!

See, so getting mixed up with a few other Lisa's and the occasional Lisa Renee isn't so bad!
;-)

Hmm.

monogramed silverware vs. good relationship....good relationship vs. monogramed silverware....

Naw, I think you're better off with Miguel!
:-)

 
At 4/27/2006 2:53 PM, Blogger Mark said...

BTW, I'm now a flappy bird!
:-)

A few more blogrolls and I just might make it to hamster territory...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home