Void Sticker

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My Feingold Disclaimer

First, a bit of personal history. When I got my feet wet in politics, I was a Republican sheeple. Having a bit more intelligence at my disposal than the average bear, I out-grew that by debating on WatchBlog and finding out that I was wrong far too often for my comfort when my political information came from Republican talking points. That being the case, I was also a Wisconsinite and Russ Feingold was my Senator. For some inexplicable reason, despite being a Republican sheeple, I was proud of that fact. I mean, the man refused pay raise after pay raise, how cool was that?

Then came the McCain-Feingold thing. Slap Campaign Finance Reform on a bill and they had me hook, line and sinker. I butted heads over that (seemingly) endlessly with a total disregard for the poor, selfish fools who'd actually read the dang thing. If Feingold said it would fix all our ills, then fix all our ills it would.

Then came the 2004 elections and the sense of betrayal set in. I was still being bombarded with television, radio and billboard ads. Our politicians were no less bought-and-paid for. The whole mess was a disaster and my partisan blinders began to crack. What do you mean you can't trust a politician? I was starting to understand. And, yes, I was that naive! I mean, how dare they say they want to serve this country and then proceed to serve us crap?!?

Then, I began to see...

To say the least, I still have not been able to forgive Feingold for that betrayal, so I'm not even going to pretend to be unbiased in this matter. Not that most of you would let me get away with that if I tried. But, Feingold is still my Senator, and thus my government representative and so a girl's got to try, right?

For all the good that does. See below to see what hog-wash he's trying to sell me now. Too bad he's already lost all credibility with me. But, I'm going to take a closer look at that hog-wash, just for the sake of discussion.

3 Comments:

At 4/12/2006 2:53 PM, Blogger David Schantz said...

I would have a problem every trusting someone that teamed up with McCain. Seems to be several bloggers venting on immigration today. I still oppose guest workers/amnesty. I support the idea of deporting any illegal alien that is caught and securing our borders. Even if that means manning them with our military. I'm afraid it is going to get real ugly in the United States soon if something isn't done.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

 
At 4/12/2006 4:55 PM, Blogger Reverse_Vampyr said...

The last politician I liked/trusted was Jesse Ventura. And trust is still a strong word.

 
At 4/12/2006 5:22 PM, Blogger Mark said...

David,

Things are already getting ugly, David, and this is only the beginning. It's been a long time coming. R_V's got an interesting post you might want to check out.

R_V,

And that's why I don't get the whole DeLay commentary. You don't seem "soft" on Bush, or Republicans in general.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home