Void Sticker

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Peer Pressure, or...



As y'all may have noticed, I added a new blogroll awhile back. I joined the American Bloggers for Inclusive Debates, and didn't really say much about it. (Though, I have enjoyed visiting some new sites!) After watching two bloggers I debate with elsewhere join and post about it right away, I felt kind of guilty. So, here it is...

The premise is simple. There are many issues of great concern to ALL Americans that need to be addressed by our representatives that often are not addressed at all, because the GOP and the DNC fix the debates so they don't have to address these issues. These same issues are also where the third party and/or independent candidates thrive (that is, they would if they were better able to get their message out). If we open up the debates for all participants, some of whom will not be willing to side step these issues (think H. Ross Perot for those of you old enough to remember the debates in which he participated, which I'm not but that's not the point), then we'd end up with better representation. Okay, so maybe that's not so simple, but I think y'all get the point.

We don't ask much of you. Simply put up the blogroll with the other participants and mention us once in awhile. (NOTE: I'm not in charge of this, just a participant, so I have no say as to whether or not you should be included.) If this sounds like it might be something you're interested in, click here to learn how to join and good luck!

8 Comments:

At 4/15/2006 12:44 PM, Blogger David Schantz said...

Stephanie, I slept in this morning, and now is almost time to start getting ready for work, again. I do plan on checking out VOID when I get a good chance. Wouldn't it be great if our elections really were fair and open?

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

PS, My wife just put in a CD (music)Now playing Stevie Ray Vaughn's version of Tax Man. Happy April 15th

 
At 4/16/2006 12:59 PM, Blogger David Schantz said...

Stephanie, I just wanted to let you know I have started checking out VOID. I support everything I've seen so far. Also wanted to wish you and yours a Happy Easter. I have to work this afternoon.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

 
At 4/16/2006 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

Thanks for all your posts!

 
At 4/16/2006 7:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, don't feel bad, Mike joined and I don't think he wrote a post about it.

So you, Scott and I can harrass him later.

:-)

 
At 4/16/2006 7:14 PM, Blogger Mark said...

David,

Happy Easter!

I'm sorry you have to work... That just sucks!
:-(

Ah, but our Easter didn't go quite as planned either. Mark got sick last night, so we ended up staying home. I'm going to have to take him to the doctor tomorrow to find out what's going wrong.

I'm glad you like what you see on the VOID site. If you have any questions, just let me know. If I cannot answer them myself, I will relay them and get you the answers you seek. (Then, probably write a post to address it for everyone!)

I hope you get some good, quality/quanity time with your family soon!

 
At 4/16/2006 7:29 PM, Blogger Mark said...

We'll have to do that, Lisa!
:-)

 
At 4/17/2006 4:41 AM, Blogger Praguetwin said...

Hi Stephanie,

I think I joined before you did, and still haven't posted. I'll be sure to once I have had a chance to check out everyone's site. So far so good!

Mike

(Praguetwin)

 
At 4/18/2006 11:59 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Praguetwin,

More people are joining up each time I look lately, so that might be a bit hard to do, but good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home