Void Sticker

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Quality/Quantity Time

Being Easter weekend and all, I've been spending some quality/quantity time with my family. And for us, that's the way we go. Quality isn't enough; quantity is important, too.

Friday was my day with my husband. My Mom watched the boys for four hours while we did some whine-free shopping. I got my new computer (YAY!!!), but am not setting it up until we lose our dial-up connection (April 27 will be our last day, but we don't know when the DSL will be hooked up), so I don't know how cool it is. Upper-mid range is what the salesman called it. All I know, is it's so current and up-to-date that we had to buy an external floppy disk drive, because this computer doesn't have one. We also bought four dining room chairs to replace the six family heirloom oak chairs that our boys destroyed. They were expensive, so we couldn't get all six or a new table (we're actually hoping to restore the old one if at all possible), but chairs that don't fall apart are nice. Mark filled out two applications and turned them in, though he's worried that his mental health will prevent his employment. On the up-side, he's gotten healthy enough that he can acknowledge that his mental health is a factor and thus he's ready for self-advocacy, which is a huge blessing for us.

Saturday was our kids' day. We had our Easter egg hunt, which was a success by the fact that there is still one egg missing that nobody found and I can't remember where I hid it. :-/ But, the kids had a blast and I'm still finding candy stashed in various unlikely locales. Plus we played a bunch of games, watched a bunch of kids movies we've all seen far too many times (except for Narnia, that's new) and actually got three and a half at-home hair cuts accomplished. Mark even let us trim his beard, so he doesn't have the wild man look anymore, much the better for interviews.

From there things went sort of sour. Saturday night we splurged and had a steak dinner cook-out. But, Mark got sick that night (GERD) and ended up throwing up blood, so Easter dinner was postponed until next weekend, depending on what the doctor says.

All in all, it's been a good, busy week-end and I even got some of my domestic tasks accomplished, like switching from fall/winter clothes to spring/summer clothes.

So...this is what I do when I'm not blogging. Except for the shopping. That's unusual.

Happy Easter to All and to All a Good Night!!!

2 Comments:

At 4/18/2006 10:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mine was really quiet, Erin was at her boyfriend's family for dinner and Megan had to work, Emily went to her boyfriend's family house for dinner, Aubrey was with her Dad since it was "his" year to have Easter.

So, Miguel and I made pancakes for dinner.

:-)

 
At 4/18/2006 11:41 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Aw, that sounds nice! Did you make them into shapes? Bunnies, crosses, eggs, tombs?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home