Void Sticker

Monday, May 01, 2006

Sleeeeeep!!!

I actually slept last night! And for me, that's a big deal. Apparently, my son appreciated it too, because when he woke up just now and saw that I was up, he said, "Mamamamamamamamama!" over and over again just like, several times. Considering that he rarely verbalizes anything in actual words, and even more rarely refers to his father or I by our "names" .... It was really great to hear. One of the best greetings I've ever gotten!

However, this will be a busy week. This same son has one doctor's appointment, plus he's scheduled to go into surgery at the end of the week, both an hour and a half away. Add that to the "before school rush" of preparations I need to finish up before I start classes next Monday, and it'll be Blogger lite for me.
:-(

All for a good cause, though.

So, in the meantime, I highly suggest you check out what's happening at Vote Out Incumbents for Democracy or cruise around my various blogrolls and just relax. I'll be as opinionated as ever just as soon as I can make the time!
:-D

6 Comments:

At 5/01/2006 8:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you got some sleep and my thoughts will be with you this week.

:-)

 
At 5/02/2006 12:18 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Thank you. Tomorrow should be fairly easy. It's Friday I'm worried about. Not only does Alex go in for surgery, but I have to make sure he doesn't eat before he does, too. That'll be hard, since he'll eat paper and what not if he can't have food.

 
At 5/02/2006 4:00 PM, Blogger historymike said...

Good luck on the surgery, Steph. Also good luck on the scholastic endeavors; you will not regret it.

 
At 5/02/2006 10:03 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Thank you. I'm confident the surgery will go well; I'm just a worrier.
*sigh*

As for school...anything is better than being without marketable skills at this point!

 
At 5/04/2006 8:01 PM, Blogger historymike said...

You know, "marketability" is a state of mind.

When I went into journalism a couple of years ago, I still lacked a BA, and never wrote for a periodical that actually paid money.

But I did have a good story, and I shopped it around until I got a positive response.

A lot of times persistence pays off. I have learned to recognize that rejection letters and non-responses are just a sign that you need to keep sending out more queries.

Eventually someone will notice.

You are also smart to have a website, because it's probably the best way to refer someone to your body of work.

 
At 5/05/2006 1:41 AM, Blogger Mark said...

As much as like writing, Mike, I've not found it to be something that pays the bills (but, up until recently I've only concentrated on fiction). So, when I'm talking "marketability," I'm talking about the security of employment, or at least having my own business that I could actually put myself on a pay-roll.

Though, I have been thinking....once I have this degree and get some actual business experience under my belt, I'll be in a much better position to put the information in The Well-Fed Writer by Peter Bowerman to good use. I bought that book thinking, "Yeah, I can do that!" After reading the book it was more like..."Um, no, I can't."

Then again, state of mind certainly has something to do with that as well. If I can't take myself seriously, then I won't be able to expect someone else to do so. And, blogging has changed that to a certain degree. So many people in the blogosphere have taken me seriously now, that when somebody doesn't I think, "Now, wait a minute here..." It's almost like I believe I have something worth saying...
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home