Void Sticker

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Stumpless Bush

This article made me laugh: Bush stumps in red states to save House.

Can you say "counter-productive?" I knew you could!

The best thing Bush can do to "save" the House is to sit quietly in a little room and practice his duck and cover technique. Many people are not happy with Bush. Many people are not happy with the House's complacent response to Bush. Emphasizing how buddy-buddy he is with some of these people are not going to help their case. It's just not a good idea.

Bush so doesn't care what people think, so why does he think people will care (at least in any positive manner) what he thinks about a particular candidate? (Not-so-silent nod to Prague Twin of, well, Prague Twin; I've enjoyed our recent debates.)
:-)

Anyway, I'm not saying this because I think Bush will listen to me. It's not like he's exactly good at that. Nor do I say this because I want the House to be "saved" in that manner. Nope, I want the Dems to take back the House. Not because I like the Dems (repulsive shudder), I do not. I especially dislike the Dems of my own state (and I do mean the politicians, not the voters). However, I do hope that the Dems winning Congress is the next step to a viable, middle-of-the-road, fiscally conservative, people-minded third-party. And that is something I do want.

So, Bush, go stump, please. Just don't be too stumped when it backfires.

1 Comments:

At 11/09/2006 6:41 AM, Blogger Praguetwin said...

Thanks for the nod and the link.

I enjoy our debates as well. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home