Void Sticker

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Classes Starting

Though the official start date for my classes this term isn't until tomorrow, I've already started working on my assignments. Ah, the luxury of on-line learning!

What I've discovered is that, while I may be more motivated to learn the material in my business class, the work-load there is significantly lighter than for my psychology class. The good news, however, is that the material for my current psychology is almost completely different from the material I studied in my previous college psychology class (back when I was in high school). I'm glad I won't be bored.

Still, I wish the business class was the 4 credit class and psychology was the 3 credit class, but I don't control that, obviously. Still, it's not that I'm not interested in psychology (okay, so Freud and Jung make me want to pull out my hair, but really...psychology is way more than them), it's just that business is my major and I'm a little tired of all the general education classes that keep repeating the same material over and over again -- here's how you study, here's how you think critically, here's how you research... On and on it goes. I've "learned" critical thinking three times, already, with a fourth on the way, just in this degree program, and I haven't even taken my Critical Thinking class yet. Granted, critical thinking is important; I know and respect that. But, is all this repetition really necessary?

Anyway, I'm actually learning aspects of psychology that I didn't know...like that Maslow was a humanist, and that it wasn't (from the way the textbook describes it) intended to be an alternative to religion/spirituality. Interesting stuff. But, even though school has started, I haven't forgotten my resolutions, and blogging is on there. And that's somewhere between Love/Belonging and Self-Actualization.

3 Comments:

At 4/03/2013 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are truly a excellent webmaster. The web site loading pace
is amazing. It seems that you are doing any unique trick.
Furthermore, The contents are masterpiece.

you have performed a great job on this matter!

Have a look at my page cedar finance withdrawing money

 
At 4/09/2013 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello everybody, here every person is sharing such experience, thus it's nice to read this web site, and I used to visit this web site all the time.

Also visit my page :: cedarfinance

 
At 11/27/2014 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

electronic cigarettes, smokeless cigarettes, electronic cigarette, ecigs, e cigarette, electronic cigarette

 

Post a Comment

<< Home